- City-to-City twinning and learning. ICLEI and GLISPA will match island cities with other cities from the ICLEI global network and GLISPA network, from global north and south, particularly coastal and island communities.
- Identifying and partnering with local public-private sector platforms, initiatives and collaborations that can engage communities, provide local context and accelerate action.
- Developing action plans and project mobilization to support island implementation of sustainable development priorities including through innovative financing.
- Mobilising implementation focused measurable leadership commitments on island urban sustainable development and resilience with a mechanism to support implementation.Supporting advocacy and outreach on the initiative and relevant issues through the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy and other relevant global processes.
- Measuring progress - monitoring and reporting of progress will be conducted in reference to the relevant international frameworks, particularly the SAMOA Pathway, Sendai Framework, Paris Climate Agreement, SDGs and New Urban Agenda.
Please list any other local government association of which your municipality is a member
List all municipalities that are twin or sister cities with your local government
How, in general, could ICLEI best help your municipality in terms of sustainability?
Please list the key reports you have issued on the state of the environment/sustainable development in your local government.
Please provide contact details of the person completing this form