Transformative Actions Program
The local climate action incubator
Led by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability and supported by 16 partners, the Transformative Actions Program (TAP) is a global initiative to help local and regional governments transform their net-zero and resilient development infrastructure concepts into mature, robust and bankable projects ready for financing and implementation.
Projects are mobilized through annual calls. Those that show high transformative potential get increased visibility to potential investors, and are connected to project preparation facilities and financial partners.
- fill the gap between the availability and accessibility of funds and local sustainable development project
- facilitate and accelerating capital flows to cities, towns, and regions globally
- transform local infrastructure concepts into mature, robust and bankable projects ready for financing and implementation
- support local and regional governments through the whole project cycle, including early-stage project preparation
- pursue and promote various financing sources and options that best fit each project and local circumstances
ICLEI and partners work with participating local and regional governments to:
- Evaluate and offer quality assurance services to transformative action project proposals to build out the TAP Project Pipeline.
- Display projects on the TAP Platform to optimize visibility to potential investors and funders.
- Offer tailor-made TAP Services from ICLEI and TAP partners during the whole project cycle, from early stage project definition to long-term mentoring.
- Through TAP Advocacy, promote transformative actions to encourage investment, funding and replication, and amplify the message that local and regional governments need effective financing mechanisms to advance local, national and global goals.