100% Renewables Cities and Regions
Catalyzing the local sustainable energy transitionGo to the website
Achieving net zero emissions in the second half of this century requires an unprecedented transformation of our energy systems. The 100% Renewables Cities and Regions Roadmap project supports nine cities and regions in three countries to develop a roadmap towards 100% renewable energy and effectively implement local climate and energy action.
- Support nine cities and regions in three countries to develop a roadmap towards 100% renewable energy and effectively implement local climate and energy action.
- Enable them to develop financially viable and bankable renewable energy projects and explore access to public and private investment.
- Contribute to the respective national climate and energy targets, as reflected in the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
- Gain access to renewable energy and energy efficiency experts, tools and resources.
- Support local policy development that enhances energy security, improves energy efficiency and stimulates the local economy.
Learn more through these tools, reports and webinars.Go to resources
100% Renewables Cities and Regions Network and Energy Compact
The Network and Energy Compact support the renewable energy transition in cities, towns and regions around the globe. Through these initiatives, ICLEI and partners aim to equip a wider cohort of local and regional governments with the knowledge and capacity to bring renewable energy to their communities. Local and regional governments can accelerate the global renewable energy transition by making commitments to 100% renewable energy and driving uptake in their territories—especially in electricity, heating and cooling, and transport in community and government operations.
The Network is managed by ICLEI, and is part of the Global 100% RE Platform, while the Energy Compact is in collaboration with UN-Energy’s Energy Compacts initiative. Participation in the Network and Energy Compact is free of charge and open to all local and regional governments intending to set a course towards 100% renewable energy.
Through the Network and Energy Compact, local and regional governments can:
- Participate in networking, learning and cooperation opportunities.
- Engage in thematic exchanges and workshops
- Receive technical guidance and support
- Access renewable energy and energy efficiency experts, tools and resources
- Gain visibility as a leading city on a global stage
Where renewable energy is spreading
These local and regional governments are leading a renewable energy shift in their jurisdictions.Meet the cities and regions
For more information, contact email@example.com.