Taoyuan City is the national leading logistics hub and its comprehensive logistics industry brings enormous prosperity to the City’s industrial and economic growth. However, this prosperity also comes with various environmental downsides such as air pollution, noise pollution, congestion, waste pollution, road degradation, GHG emissions and so on. These problems are prevalent in other ICLEI cities.
1. Establish a working group with interested peer cities and partners to facilitate peer-to-peer exchange and contribute to plans and activities within the Community
2. Gain an understanding of Taoyuan’s initial situation on urban freight by developing an EcoLogistics Index (ELI) performance measurement system for ecologistics in cities
3. Form and engage multi-stakeholder groups to develop and implement goals and meaningful forms of actions for implementation
4. Implement six demonstration project(s) on sustainable urban logistics
5. Develop a Sustainable Urban Logistics Plans for Taoyuan
Measured, quantitative outcomes / project impact
The ICLEI EcoLogistics Community is the first city network globally committed to a sustainable urban freight future. The Community leads sustainable urban freight development in participating cities and drive global actions in the international stage through collaborative exchange and action plans and stakeholder engagements. Cities benefit from being part of the Community through the shared knowledge and resources made available to the network, as well as opportunities to disseminate their successes.