A month-long mise-en-scène of urban mobility and transport, as we would like to see it in the future.Learn more
The EcoMobility World Festival (EMWF) concept was initiated by ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability.
The EMWF is a month-long presentation of an innovative and forward thinking urban transportation culture. It is organized as a community-based mise-en-scène, during which one neighborhood is temporarily converted into an “ecomobile neighborhood” to present a real-life vision of car-free urban living for the future. The neighborhood will turn car-free and its community will experience an ecomobile environment and lifestyle for one month, a once-in-a life time opportunity to explore choices by living through a different scenario. The project is framed as a Festival so that it is perceived as fun for all people involved.
Reasons why a city should host the festival
Participant cities have the chance to:
- Testing urban design and transport solutions for an ecomobile city and exploring residents’ acceptance
- Having a direct dialogue with residents in the city and support transport policies with international experts as advocates
- Providing direct economic benefit to the neighborhood during the Festival
- Raising the international profile and prestige of the city especially through the city’s progressive transport policy
- Obtaining direct feedback on the transport policy and practice from local and international experts and stakeholders
What are the Requirements to host the EcoMobility World Festival?
The following are the most essential requirements for any city intending to host the EcoMobility World Festival.
- Political leadership with determination and strong will to implement a month-long automobile free event.
- Identify a neighborhood that will be the venue for the World Festival
- Be ready to organize the Festival with intensive residents’ and stakeholders’ participation
- Be prepared to handle constructive comments from local businesses and citizens and to talk to them in order to find solutions that address their concerns
- Be aware of the cost and prepare a budget
- Allocate sufficient resources for the Festival and the Congress
Interested in hosting the next EcoMobility Festival? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://sustainablemobility.iclei.org/ecomobility-world-festival/.Learn more