A month-long mise-en-scène of urban mobility and transport, as we would like to see it in the future.Learn more
Reasons why a city should host the festival
Participant cities have the chance to:
- Testing urban design and transport solutions for an ecomobile city and exploring residents’ acceptance
- Having a direct dialogue with residents in the city and support transport policies with international experts as advocates
- Providing direct economic benefit to the neighborhood during the Festival
- Raising the international profile and prestige of the city especially through the city’s progressive transport policy
- Obtaining direct feedback on the transport policy and practice from local and international experts and stakeholders
What are the Requirements to host the EcoMobility World Festival?
The following are the most essential requirements for any city intending to host the EcoMobility World Festival.
- Political leadership with determination and strong will to implement a month-long automobile free event.
- Identify a neighborhood that will be the venue for the World Festival
- Be ready to organize the Festival with intensive residents’ and stakeholders’ participation
- Be prepared to handle constructive comments from local businesses and citizens and to talk to them in order to find solutions that address their concerns
- Be aware of the cost and prepare a budget
- Allocate sufficient resources for the Festival and the Congress
Interested in hosting the next EcoMobility Festival? Contact us at email@example.com or visit https://sustainablemobility.iclei.org/ecomobility-world-festival/.Learn more