As a continuously evolving knowledge hub of innovative urban transition policies and projects, the Urban Transitions Alliance is paving the way for other industrial cities to follow. It is a service and support tool for cities to access the expertise, research and collaborative space they need for existing and future transition plans. Through the Urban Transitions Alliance, participants:
- Shape the exchange focus according to their most-pressing needs and interests, specifically as they relate to infrastructure, mobility, energy and social transitions.
- Gain access to solutions and knowledge to power their transitions.
- Share new ideas and best practice examples from other industrial legacy cities.
- Work with experts from around the globe and receive support from the Alliance Secretariat in addressing their questions and needs.
- Attend events that offer global visibility.
- Receive tools and training to inform their strategy and action plan.
- Build strong working relationships with peer industrial legacy cities committed to sustainability.
- Develop and share their transition stories.