Through Ambitious City Promises, local governments across Southeast Asia:
- Participate in in-country consultations to facilitate capacity building, policy advice and technology transfer support provided by ICLEI, the Seoul Metropolitan Government and the project advisory group.
- Develop new or improved comprehensive greenhouse gas emissions inventories.
- Actively engage city residents and key local climate stakeholders.
- Use platforms to collect pledges from key stakeholders, including businesses and households.
- Prepare concrete climate action plans – called City Promises – that include ambitious targets and integrate community pledges.
- Initiate implementation of City Promises through pilot projects.
- Report aggregated city plans, actions and achievements via the carbonn Climate Registry (cCR).
- Engage in learning and cooperation opportunities with the Seoul Metropolitan Government and other cities.